Thursday, July 9, 2009

Teaching Opportunity




Hello, my name is Amelia Romano and I chose to study abroad at the University of Cape Town, Spring 2009. Raised in San Francisco, California, I have enjoyed performing in harp and other music ensembles throughout the Bay Area since 1999. I released my first solo harp CD in 2006, “Seeking Peace” and continue to enjoy playing multicultural repertoire to enrich my understanding of culture and inspire original compositions. I learned about the Playing for Change Foundation and the Ntonga Music School from the Bill Moyers interview with Mark Johnson. Living in Cape Town for nearly six months, I have been blessed with the opportunity to go to Gugulethu Township and work with youth of all ages at the Ntonga Music School, enriching my life and theirs through a musical exchange. For more on my music: www.myspace.com/ameliaromano

No comments:

Post a Comment