Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Delightful Return!


I was filled with exultation as the plane made its final descent into Cape Town. A year since departing, with a thesis on the Legacy of Apartheid in hand, I am returning to a country that inspires my efforts to work for greater social justice. Here I am continuing my work with the Ntonga Music School, a community which has blessed me with its passion and dedication to music and youth.

My return to Cape Town brings new feelings of excitement. I have spent the past two months preparing for my time in Cape Town. Today I found myself here at last with a cell phone in hand, a rental car parked outside, and my own beautiful room with a view of the infamous Table Mountain. As I begin my work at the Ntonga Music School I wholeheartedly look forward to observing the community and supporting them in creating the space they envision. Through this process I hope to witness the schools continued development.

To return to PFCF main page or make a donation, click on the below link:
www.playingforchange.org

No comments:

Post a Comment